- Producer info
WHO ARE WE?
Gérard Bertrand is the leading expert from the South of France recognized by all wine lovers. As a wine-grower and owner of flagship estates, he has acquired a unique expertise in the terroirs of Languedoc-Roussillon.
Brought up in the Languedoc vineyards, Gérard Bertrand is committed to sharing the characteristics and exceptional diversity of each of the terroirs of this region which produces sparkling wines, reds, whites, rosés, varietal wines or appellation wines. A rich array of promises to fulfill all tasting expectations.
Twenty years of know-how ensures that wines bearing Gérard Bertrand’s signature have a unique style whose creation is driven each day by four fundamental values: excellence, authenticity, conviviality and innovation.
As the Ambassador of the Mediterranean Art de Vivre, Gérard Bertrand loves to promote and share the cultural and gastronomic riches of the South of France by way of the numerous wine-tourism activities at Chateau l’Hospitalet.
"It gives me great pleasure to present our wines, all designed with one single purpose - to share with you our passion for Art de Vivre."
"My signature, Gérard Bertrand, serves to show my commitment and my approach which for the last 20 years have been aimed at revealing the unique terroirs of the region with an enduring passion and enthusiasm; qualities which the press and international competitions have regularly highlighted. Excellence, authenticity, conviviality and innovation are the values which guide me every day as I craft my wines.
I am passionate about the Mediterranean lifestyle and I want to promote and share the cultural and gastronomic riches of the South of France through the numerous wine tourism activities available at Chateau l’Hospitalet."
Conviviality - Excellence - Authenticity - Innovation.
- The Visigoths (the Wise Goths) were a Germanic people who migrated from the Black Sea region and settled and lived at the heart of the Western Roman Empire with which they cohabited peacefully. There are many traces of their passage in Narbonne where we can see palaces and stones engraved with the Visigoth cross, dating from the 7th century. This cross is the first version of what later became the Languedoc Cross.
- This original and historic cross is the emblem of Gérard Bertrand wines.
- The South of France is an adventure which we have a duty to share. The wine at the centre of it all cannot be understood without a certain philosophy of life, combining gastronomy, art and culture in the search for excellence and conviviality. Art de Vivre, the wines of the South!
- The oval symbolises unity, infinity, perfection, eternity. The cross with its four elements and its twelve points of the zodiac represents the perfect perpetual cycle of time and nature.
- This red colour, strong and full, is laden with symbolism: love, wealth, power, justice, the colour of life and of the divine and the present, the colour of the revolution and of transgression…For us, it represents the values of conviviality, excellence, authenticity and innovation.
- The doves drinking from the cup represent sharing and communion.
- Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, reflect the cycle of nature which renews itself each year.